As more organizations utilize the Internet for business and commercial transactions, attackers are focusing on web applications to penetrate corporate security controls. Historically, developers have focused on functionality over security. The result of a lack of security integration into the software development lifecycle has created unlimited venues for attackers to launch exploits, compromise systems and steal critical information.
In a Web Application Security Assessment, a Strategic Security consultant looks at a web site from the perspective of a malicious hacker and finds the security holes before they can be exploited by hackers or disgruntled employees.
Just like a Network Assessment, having a Web Application Security Assessment performed will allow you to:
Reduce Your Security Costs:
- Align costs with business risk
- Decrease operating expenses and overhead
Focus on Your Business Objectives:
- Measure security risk level and tolerance
- Free internal IT staff for other priorities
Strategic Security offers 3 different Web Application Security Assessments:
1. Quick Look – A two (2) day assessment that lets you know if you are on the right track with your website security
2. Standard – A five (5) day assessment that is very thorough and can be used to show compliance with industry best practices,
3. Custom – This can be anything from an assessment that includes source code review, to web services, custom protocols and whole lot more.