Burp Suite is one of the most popular web application security testing testing tools. It has a ton of features and can do everything from intercepting and modifying HTTP requests/responses in real time, to scanning web applications for vulnerabilities, to brute forcing login forms, to testing the entropy of session tokens, and it even allows you to increase its functionality by writing plugins for it.
As awesome as the tool is – surprisingly few people are really comfortable with it. I decided to put together a 2-day night time workshop on Burp Suite.
The first day of the workshop I will be covering the core features of the tool (Proxy, Spider, Intruder, Repeater, Sequencer, Decoder, and Comparer), and common ways to use the tool.
The second day of the workshop I’ll be covering the more advanced features – integrating Burp with other tools, and writing your own plugins.
Day 1: Web App Security Testing & Burp Suite Fundamentals
- Manual Web App Security Testing Fundamentals
- Understanding how to use Burp Suite to perform a web app test
- Integrating Burp with Skipfish
- Integrating Burp with SQLMap
Day 2: Integrating Burp Suite with other tools and writing your own plugins
- Using Burp to mask Nikto headers
- Running w3af plugins through Burp
- Integrating Burp with SoapUI
- Burp Suite Automation
To answer a few questions I’ve received:
- Yes it will be recorded for those of you that can’t attend
- Yes it will be a live/interactive workshop so you can ask me questions during the event.
- Yes you get the virtual machines as soon as you signup for the event
This class will be held in person and live online on Jan 9th/11th 2017 from 7pm EST to 10pm EST for each scheduled day.
Each class will be recorded and made available to the students via email. So you can keep up with the class even if you have to miss time, or even a whole day.
The cost for this workshop is $50 online.
Sign up now!