Source code….yuck! I’m a pentester not a programmer. I wouldn’t even know where to start for a source code audit”.
I know, I know, I know…believe me I know. I was there at one point as well. I’m doing a night class that is live online class on October 31st and Nov 2nd from 7pm EST to 10pm EST.
The title of the class is “Source Code Analysis For Pentesters”. The goal of the class to teach pentesters, and security professionals, that ARE NOT programmers but have some exposure to programming how to:
- Understand the key fundamentals of programming languages as they relate to security
- Identify vulnerabilities in source code regardless of the language
- Interface with developers about the vulnerabilities and what it takes to fix them
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of source code scanning tools
- Programming Fundamentals
- Manual testing review for software vulnerabilities
- Open Source source code analysis tools
- Commercial tools
- Helping developers manually fix security vulnerabilities
- Helping developers use security libraries
You’ll be given samples of vulnerable code to analysis both manually, and with tools. You’ll be allowed to attack Strategic Security demo vulnerable websites and see the source code used to create the intentionally vulnerable websites.
The class will be recorded and made available to the students via email. So you can keep up with the class even if you have to miss time, or even the whole day.
The class will be held live online class on October 31st and Nov 2nd from 7pm EST to 10pm EST
The class will be cost will be $50
You can sign up here: